Everything Kaye...Envy Not.

James Jeremy Beckers
/Upsplash 


Do you ENVY others? What they have or have accomplished? If you do, it's time to let it go! I've
always been a person that never concerned myself with what material things people owned or even if someone thought someone else was prettier than I was. When I was in my early twenties, I had to focus so hard on providing for my basics needs, I didn't have time to worry about  things like that. Focusing on my basic needs, food, shelter, and clothing, made me grateful for what I had. My eyes never roamed to others and their accomplishments. I remember relocating to a new city for college. It didn't allow me to take everything I owned. My sophomore year I moved into an apartment. I only had a bed, kitchen items, clothes, and personal stuff. I loved my place, and I made the most of it. I would go to sleep, get up in the morning, and make my bed. In the daytime I would use it as a couch to study or watch television on . All my needs were taken care of. Yes, I wanted a fully furnish apartment but I was thankful for what I had and in time it was fully furnished. A few years later I went back to my hometown, and someone I grew up with said, "you went from having no self-esteem, to too much self-esteem!' I guess too much for them, I got picked on a lot growing up. But what happened when I was away, was I learned to love myself. I rid myself of the shame I was always feeling in my small hometown. I accepted the ideal that God uniquely made me and there is no other Kaye in the world! Low self-esteem makes you feel inferior to others. That can happen when we compare ourselves to what others look like or have. 

 
Was it envy that caused Chris Gardner to walk up to that gentleman and ask him what he did for a living? No, and why do I say this? Because he didn't proceed to tear him down. He didn't find out who his friends were and slander his name maliciously. He asked so he could go out and do what he did to accomplish that particular lifestyle. Can you see the difference? Looking at what someone accomplished, and having a similar desires and working hard to achieve your goals, is not Envy. Mr. Gardner went to work, he pushed himself out of his comfort zone. He studied and sometimes worked harder and longer hours to get to where he is. The word of God speaks of envy in it's proper place(Luke 10:23). Envy in those things of Christ. Desire to know the word of God, and see the great miracles He preforms daily in your life, and to see His return.

Envy can cause a person to become so angry that they give way to rage. When you give into rage your life will become reminiscent to Rick Aviles, who played Willy Lopez, fighting off wailing demons in the movie Ghost.You become so engulfed in rage that you begin to swing, kick, and fight to no avail. To be eventually dragged off in defeat.

Ways to keep this from happening is to live a life of GRATITUDE, be thankful. Gratitude is the cure for envy. Most importantly, I believe when we allow God to change our desires, we become less envious of others. He created us...he knows what we really need, and if we let Him it will become what we desire too!  

 Be thankful.



Be inspired by Everything Kaye!


Comments

Popular Posts