Everything Kaye...Prayer Life.

Everything Kaye...Prayer Life!







Before they call I will answer, and while they are yet
speaking I will hear. (Isaiah 65:24)

One could pray and not pray at all. Some repeat the Lord's prayer over and over. Not completely understanding it was a form of prayer. Hence pray in this manner. Others do elaborate prayers, my mother would sometimes pray so long dinner would be cold when she  finally finished. I've read recently that a man would pray everyday, Lord bless my mother and father. He prayed this prayer for seventy years, long after his parents had passed away.That was the extent of his prayer life. I once worked with a woman that would go off and pray in private everyday; but her speech and her conduct never reflected her prayer life.


Simple and Sincere

We don't have to be consistent  in form but consistent in our intimacy with the Father, and our sincerity with Him. A prayer can be as simple as the thief on the cross. He simply said, Lord remember me when thou cometh into thy kingdom.(Luke 23:42) A sign of a sincere prayer can be a single tear running down someone's face. He hears. The Father leans forward when he hears our tears...my children are calling me. It's not the prayers of our lips nor of our minds. Oh when we open the mouth of our soul and pray, He stands up! He hears you. Have you ever rushed to your child and when you got to them, they say "daddy I was calling you!"

Two years ago my son was in a horrible car accident. He had to learn to walk and talk again. It was bad. It's been an incredibly long journey to recovery and healing. I believe he was healed before I even made it to the hospital. Why? Because of a simple and sincere prayer.

We got the call from the local police that he had been in an car accident and had been transported to the ICU (you know when your heading there, it's bad). I think I left my body because I could see everyone running around preparing to go to the hospital but I couldn't hear anything. I finally focused on my younger son standing in doorway looking at me. He told me later he was saying, "mom!"
As I sat on the bed I told him I needed to pray before we left. I rose up, shut the door and slide down on my face. I couldn't produce audible words. I began to cry and moan, when I finally opened my mouth, the most heart felt, soul stirring prayer that I've ever prayed in my life came out...Lord Have Mercy.
My son recovered, almost completely. He has scars but he can walk and talk. He started his first job three months after coming home from the hospital. Secret prayers are one of the best test of a person of faith.

Be inspired by Everything Kaye!







Comments

Popular Posts