Everything Kaye...Have a seat at the table, please.




I remember reading the family tree in the front  of the Bible,  but something was missing from ours? 



The good and the bad.

Why do you think it's a good idea to know the good and the bad in the family? Or to know how often something is repeated in the family? What patterns do you see in your personal life? What are the similarities in your life compared to your parents? What did you do differently in your life compared to your parents?

I found when I created this family truth table, that there were a lot of similarities. When things happened in my mothers life, also happened in my life. Or similarities in my siblings life that happened in our mothers or our fathers life. Even all the way back to our grandparents and our great grandparents.

Analyzing this time table will bring insight to your life thus far, which will result in  healing and forgiveness.

***Take your paper and number it by 7's down the left side, space them out so to have room to write.

List one as birth, make a column for you, your mother, father, and both sets of grandparents. 

List any good memories or traumas that occurred at the birth of each one of your parents, grandparents and yourself.  List anything that stands out,  good or bad. Anything they can tell you that happened during that time in your family's life. Make sure everyone gives honest answers. Then go out 7 years and answer this same question. Continue to you get to the age that you are now. For your parents and grandparents put their age at the age you are now or put deceased if there are no longer with you.

Now compare each family member, were there similarities or patterns in your family? An example being when did you have your first child? Were there house fires throughout different generations? Miscarriages? Did the men in the family come to know Christ around the same age? Did they work in the same field or have the same careers? Three things happen when I looked at my Family Truth Table.

Insight, I saw why things happened in my family and why certain family members were in bondage to different things. (I couldn't remember having grandparents no one living over 65, my grandparents died very young, both my parents died before they were 65.

Healing, I was able to get healing from looking closely at my family. Trying to heal from generational curses.

Forgiveness, I was able to forgive my family members of past hurts and pains, by understanding their past hurts and pains.



I hope the Family Truth Table, brings clarity and healing.

Have a seat at the table, and work it out!



Unsplash 


There's room for healing at the table




Be Inspired by Everything Kaye!







 

Comments

Popular Posts