Everything Kaye: The Healing Process.

 

Photographer: Elia Pellegrini
Let it go! Photographer: Elia Pellegrini

Healing is a life long process. You will never be healed completely by a certain date or time. When you actively participate in the healing process, each day, and each experience brings you closer to your healed self.  You might hear a song, or read a book, or even watch a TV show, that brings you a little closer. I know for me, songs of healing wash over me, and I feel past hurts erased. While others slide down my body, but are not washed away, then years later another experience grips that same pain and pulls it far from me. You may not know it's gone till one day, what would have took you spinning and sinking to depression, you smile or laugh and exhale. Surprisingly, you don't feel the sting anymore? It's gone, 25 or 30 years, have just been washed away. 

I remember one day when I was in my late 20's walking up stairs, and when I had gotten to the top of the stairs, I stop and said," now what did I come up here to worry about"? Whatever it was I had forgotten all about it, and here I am standing here, pulling on my insides trying to find it. I mean I was sending all the feelers out to find the problem. And put my big "worry coat" on it, button it up, and lay on my bed; all  bundled up in fear and worry. That's like when you realize your healed from something.  To remain in the healed place, you must not go searching through your mind and emotions to bring it back. Let it stay gone, because I promise you, there are other hurts that are waiting their turn to be released.

If you're searching your soul for pain that you want to release, today is a good day to find it and remove it from your soul. Your new coat of love, forgiveness, and joy are waiting to take it's place.

Be inspired by Everything Kaye!

Comments

Popular Posts