Something is missing, or is it?


Photographer: Nick Owuor

Finding value and your identity


 I just woke up from a dream of being in my hometown. I was hanging out with some old high school friends. We went around looking at things around town, shopping and stopped by a restaurant and order food to take back to my friends house. I could tell I was visiting and not living in the town anymore, because they were showing me "things" that had changed. But when we got to her house and we were getting settled in, I couldn't find my purse! I searched every bag and they searched their bags and we couldn't find it. In my mind, I thought, did one of these ladies, I've known my entire life steal my ID, and money? They couldn't have. I went back to every place we had been and couldn't find it. So I came back to house and ask them to call my phone. When she called it you could hear a faint ring and it would fade away. I asked to try again, it would ring and fade. But I wasn't sure if that was my phone or not.


 I decided that since there was only two things of importance, my bank card and my ID in there, I would just call and cancel my bank card and get a "new" ID. As I waited for her to bring me a phone, I stuck my hand in my pocket and my cards were there, in my pocket, the whole time!  I must have stuck them in there, after I ordered my food. I had it with me the whole time, all that stress and worry, and all that frantic searching and I had it safe with me. 

Everything I thought my past stole from me, I still have. I still know who I am, and I still have value to share with the world. No one in the dream could see that they were right there in my pocket. My value was even hidden from them. Like they say, right in plain view, for everyone to see; but yet they couldn't see it. I had to dig in my pocket, as I dig down inside of me, and find my worth. And when I found the cards, I showed them to everyone.  Yeah, that's when my worth will be displayed for all to see. Right now I'm searching, I'm digging. My hometown didn't steal my value or my identity, it's right here-See!


Be inspired by Everything Kaye!

Comments

Popular Posts