Procrastinating While Writing

Writing Advice 

Know your enemy, study them, so you will be able to defeat them.  I've been trying to get a new blog out every month on the 22nd since I started writing again, today's the 24th so I didn't make it. In my defense,  I was thinking about it,  so I guess was writing in my head. We all have problems with procrastinating, Lately,  I've been watching some YouTube videos on why we procrastinate, and  ways to stop procrastinating and get the job done.

 Some researchers say that procrastinating is a actually a form of stress relieving, maybe for you relieving stress is watching old TV shows or listening to music or coloring in a coloring book.  But for others it's procrastinating, procrastinating is defined as delaying or postponing doing something til a later date. Some just simply say your being lazy. God knows I'm not lazy, so I wondered why when it comes to writing, why I tend to put it off? I write everyday, but those writings are for income, meaning I don't have to wait to long for gratification. Which I found was a reason why some procrastinate in the first place. They see gratification for a project so far away(like my book), that they don't see an immediate reward for the work, so they put it off. Sometimes it feels overwhelming, not in a scary way but you see everything that needs to be done, and get overwhelmed by what you know will be an exhilarating experience. It's hard to believe goods things can cause you to be in a frozen state. We believe in ourselves but it's hard to see good things happening for us. So we procrastinate. 

Comments

Popular Posts